LAS VEGAS — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Las Vegas Wranglers 3-0 at Orleans Arena on Tuesday evening to win their fourth-straight game.
Utah goaltender Andrew Engelage earned his first shutout of the year and improved to 3-1 this season by stopping all 32 Las Vegas shots.
Utah (4-1) took a 1-0 lead just 3:43 into the game as Mitch Wahl scored on a five-on-three power-play on a setup from Ryan Turek. Las Vegas won a face-off to start the situation, but was unable to clear the puck.
The Grizzlies made it 2-0 with 49 seconds left in the second period as Justin Dowling centered Jeff LoVecchio in transition for his second goal of the year. Both players extended their scoring streaks to four on the play.
Utah scored its final goal of the night when Wahl picked up a turnover in front of the Las Vegas net and buried the goal home 7:35 into the second period.
The Grizzlies are back home Friday and Saturday when they host the Alaska Aces in a pair of 7:05 p.m. contests that serve as an early season matchup of the two top teams in the ECHL.
Saturday is the team's sixth annual "Pink in the Rink" night for breast cancer awareness.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27