LAS VEGAS — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Las Vegas Wranglers 3-0 at Orleans Arena on Tuesday evening to win their fourth-straight game.
Utah goaltender Andrew Engelage earned his first shutout of the year and improved to 3-1 this season by stopping all 32 Las Vegas shots.
Utah (4-1) took a 1-0 lead just 3:43 into the game as Mitch Wahl scored on a five-on-three power-play on a setup from Ryan Turek. Las Vegas won a face-off to start the situation, but was unable to clear the puck.
The Grizzlies made it 2-0 with 49 seconds left in the second period as Justin Dowling centered Jeff LoVecchio in transition for his second goal of the year. Both players extended their scoring streaks to four on the play.
Utah scored its final goal of the night when Wahl picked up a turnover in front of the Las Vegas net and buried the goal home 7:35 into the second period.
The Grizzlies are back home Friday and Saturday when they host the Alaska Aces in a pair of 7:05 p.m. contests that serve as an early season matchup of the two top teams in the ECHL.
Saturday is the team's sixth annual "Pink in the Rink" night for breast cancer awareness.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 286
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 79
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 51
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 40
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37