LAS VEGAS — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Las Vegas Wranglers 3-0 at Orleans Arena on Tuesday evening to win their fourth-straight game.
Utah goaltender Andrew Engelage earned his first shutout of the year and improved to 3-1 this season by stopping all 32 Las Vegas shots.
Utah (4-1) took a 1-0 lead just 3:43 into the game as Mitch Wahl scored on a five-on-three power-play on a setup from Ryan Turek. Las Vegas won a face-off to start the situation, but was unable to clear the puck.
The Grizzlies made it 2-0 with 49 seconds left in the second period as Justin Dowling centered Jeff LoVecchio in transition for his second goal of the year. Both players extended their scoring streaks to four on the play.
Utah scored its final goal of the night when Wahl picked up a turnover in front of the Las Vegas net and buried the goal home 7:35 into the second period.
The Grizzlies are back home Friday and Saturday when they host the Alaska Aces in a pair of 7:05 p.m. contests that serve as an early season matchup of the two top teams in the ECHL.
Saturday is the team's sixth annual "Pink in the Rink" night for breast cancer awareness.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26