SALT LAKE CITY — Authorities say a woman who fled a polygamous community run by jailed sect leader Warren Jeffs is now safe with family.
Washington County Attorney Brock Belnap says the 25-year-old woman left protective custody over the weekend. He declined to say whether she returned to the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints' twin towns of Colorado City, Arizona, and Hildale, Utah.
The woman fled her home in Colorado City earlier this month, and sought police protection. It remains unclear what led to the incident but Belnap says no charges will be filed.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7