Utah Jazz: First Jazz, Jimmer tilt to be among next round of NBA casualties
SALT LAKE CITY — The NBA is about to really hurt Utah Jazz fans who dig Jimmermania.
The Jazz's first game against Sacramento in the Jimmer Fredette era — Nov. 23 at ex-Arco Arena — might soon be added to the NBA lockout casualty scrap pile.
That contest against the former BYU star/rookie-in-limbo will be among six Jazz games to be canceled later today when the NBA whacks most of November off its official 2011-12 schedule, according to the New York Daily News.
The report claimed the league will chop off its second two-week block of games, prolonging the NBA-less period through Nov. 28.
The Jazz's official schedule on the team website still includes a game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Nov. 18. Contests against Oklahoma City, Chicago, Portland and Golden State will also be pulled off the slate if the official announcement is made as reported.
The NBA previously canceled the eight-game preseason and scrapped all games from Nov. 1-15.
Various reports claim the league still hopes to cobble together a full 82-game season beginning Dec. 1. That could push the playoffs back a bit and result in less time off between series and games in the postseason, among other modifications.
It's also been reported that the NBA could announce the start of the season will be put "indefinitely" on hold until owners and players reach a labor agreement.
The problem with that, however, is that the two bickering sides haven't even agreed to resume face-to-face discussions after last week's marathon mediated sessions ended Thursday with acrimony but no resolution.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 22
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14