Utah Jazz: First Jazz, Jimmer tilt to be among next round of NBA casualties
SALT LAKE CITY — The NBA is about to really hurt Utah Jazz fans who dig Jimmermania.
The Jazz's first game against Sacramento in the Jimmer Fredette era — Nov. 23 at ex-Arco Arena — might soon be added to the NBA lockout casualty scrap pile.
That contest against the former BYU star/rookie-in-limbo will be among six Jazz games to be canceled later today when the NBA whacks most of November off its official 2011-12 schedule, according to the New York Daily News.
The report claimed the league will chop off its second two-week block of games, prolonging the NBA-less period through Nov. 28.
The Jazz's official schedule on the team website still includes a game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Nov. 18. Contests against Oklahoma City, Chicago, Portland and Golden State will also be pulled off the slate if the official announcement is made as reported.
The NBA previously canceled the eight-game preseason and scrapped all games from Nov. 1-15.
Various reports claim the league still hopes to cobble together a full 82-game season beginning Dec. 1. That could push the playoffs back a bit and result in less time off between series and games in the postseason, among other modifications.
It's also been reported that the NBA could announce the start of the season will be put "indefinitely" on hold until owners and players reach a labor agreement.
The problem with that, however, is that the two bickering sides haven't even agreed to resume face-to-face discussions after last week's marathon mediated sessions ended Thursday with acrimony but no resolution.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- 4A baseball tournament live streams:...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 106
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 35
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 32
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 25
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 16
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under... 14