TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — For the second time in less than a year, Tallahassee authorities are looking into suspicious deaths with multiple victims in a quiet neighborhood.
Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway says authorities were alerted at about 4:30 a.m. Monday by a neighbor who heard a disturbance outside her home. Northway did not reveal the number of victims and no further information was immediately released.
Vic Lewis, who lives across the street from the home where the bodies were found, said he heard a commotion early in the morning.
"At around 4 we heard people screaming and crying and freaking out," Lewis said.
Lewis said that he was told by a police officer shortly around dawn that it was a double homicide.
Northway refused to say if there all the victims were deceased.
By late afternoon police had cordoned off the house as onlookers crowded along the street. Some of those gathered were family and friends of the victims but they refused to answer any questions.
One neighbor would not say anything more other that "it's just sad."
Tallahassee Police forensics investigators spent most of the day coming in and out of a small brown house with blue shutters in a northwest Tallahassee neighborhood.
The case appears to be similar to another multiple slaying in the Florida capital city last November. A 27-year-old mother and her three young children were found dead in their home. That case went unsolved for several months before Minnesota authorities arrested the father of one of the victims in early September and charged him in the killings.
- CNN hires fired Trump campaign manager...
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Clinton failed to hand over key email to...
- The newscasters who have made the most cameos...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Rescuers search rubble in east China after...
- Britain will leave the 28-nation European...
- 'No' to Obama's immigration plans, Supreme...
- In need of help, Trump finds few... 39
- Big ruling for abortion rights in... 36
- Did Trump really just become a... 36
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 35
- House Republicans' report faults Obama... 34
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Trump, in Scotland, links Brexit vote... 26