Baylor will have to get through the first five games of the season without sophomore standout Perry Jones.
The good news for coach Scott Drew and the Bears is that the 6-foot-11 Jones is even back at all.
They'll be glad to wait for the preseason Big 12 player of the year to complete an NCAA suspension for accepting improper benefits before he got to Baylor.
Jones had long been expected to become Baylor's first one-and-done player. He was an anticipated lottery pick in the NBA draft before deciding to stay in school.
Jones is one of four returning starters for Baylor, which is picked to finish third in the Big 12 even after losing Big 12 scoring leader LaceDarius Dunn and failing to make NCAA tournament last season.
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- With Kyle Collinsworth out, BYU rebounds and...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- BYU guard Tyler Haws passes Danny Ainge for...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 26
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25