Orlin Wagner, Associated Press
AUSTIN, Texas — The Texas Longhorns are rebuilding once again.
All five starters from last year were either picked off by the NBA draft or ran out of eligibility. Texas is down to nine recruited scholarship players and six of them are freshmen.
Coach Rick Barnes will be relying on junior guard J'Covan (juh-COE'-vin) Brown to lead the Longhorns back to the NCAA tournament for the 14th straight season.
Texas opens the season Nov. 13 at home against Boston with key non-conference games at UCLA and North Carolina in December.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34