CONCORD, N.H. — Mitt Romney has made it official in New Hampshire. He's a candidate in the state's Republican presidential primary.
The former Massachusetts governor formally submitted paperwork to the state's top election official Monday morning. Romney, who made an unsuccessful bid for the GOP nomination in 2008, joked that he hopes "it sticks this time."
He becomes the latest Republican candidate to submit his paperwork to the New Hampshire secretary of state. .
Former Gov. John H. Sununu was at Romney's side. Sununu, the former chief of staff to President George H.W. Bush, endorsed Romney over the weekend.
The New Hampshire presidential primary is expected to be held Jan. 10 — just 11 weeks away.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Top 15 states for education
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5