I have a solution to the post office budget problem:
First, deliver mail three times a week. Second, divide the routes into two groups. Group one delivers on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Group two delivers on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
To make it easy to schedule mail carriers, have them work four six-day weeks in each five-week period and take the fifth week off.
This way the United States Postal Service would need half as many mail carriers and delivery vehicles.
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19
- Mantua speed trap 17