I have a solution to the post office budget problem:
First, deliver mail three times a week. Second, divide the routes into two groups. Group one delivers on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Group two delivers on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
To make it easy to schedule mail carriers, have them work four six-day weeks in each five-week period and take the fifth week off.
This way the United States Postal Service would need half as many mail carriers and delivery vehicles.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28