I have a solution to the post office budget problem:
First, deliver mail three times a week. Second, divide the routes into two groups. Group one delivers on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Group two delivers on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
To make it easy to schedule mail carriers, have them work four six-day weeks in each five-week period and take the fifth week off.
This way the United States Postal Service would need half as many mail carriers and delivery vehicles.
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes from...
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests — a...
- Letter: Distance from religion
- Letter: Access to health care
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices won’t...
- Letter: Who can we trust?