I have a solution to the post office budget problem:
First, deliver mail three times a week. Second, divide the routes into two groups. Group one delivers on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Group two delivers on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
To make it easy to schedule mail carriers, have them work four six-day weeks in each five-week period and take the fifth week off.
This way the United States Postal Service would need half as many mail carriers and delivery vehicles.
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Search for extraterrestrial life goes on,...
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Letters: No welfare, ever 71
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 32
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- Letters: Move to the center 28
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21