I have a solution to the post office budget problem:
First, deliver mail three times a week. Second, divide the routes into two groups. Group one delivers on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Group two delivers on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
To make it easy to schedule mail carriers, have them work four six-day weeks in each five-week period and take the fifth week off.
This way the United States Postal Service would need half as many mail carriers and delivery vehicles.
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: In marriage...
- In our opinion: 'If it ain't broke' ...
- Letter: Pulling down signs
- My view: Let's get Congress working again for...
- My view: U.S. faces grim future in Middle East
- My View: Children need mother and father
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah be in the Central...
- My view: It’s time for the brave to lead
- Jay Evensen: IRS abuses continue... 46
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: In marriage... 42
- Letter: Waiving rights 37
- The most important speech in Ronald... 36
- My view: Herbert should pick law... 32
- Letter: Common Core jeopardy 30
- My view: U.S. faces grim future in... 30
- Robert J. Samuelson: Wages stay... 29