Shinichiro Tanaka, Associated Press
SOELDEN, Austria — Ted Ligety won the season-opening men's giant slalom Sunday for his ninth World Cup victory.
The American, who is defending his third World Cup slalom title this season, maintained his lead from the first run to finish in an aggregate 2 minutes, 22.00 seconds.
Alexis Pinturault of France posted the fastest final-run time to take second, 0.29 behind Ligety.
Austria's Philipp Schoerhofer was 0.51 back in third.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- BYU seeks first conference victory when...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 39
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong... 23
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 22
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15