Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
It's been common for Jazz fans to groan about the Portland Trail Blazers trying to cherry pick top talent from Utah.
And that oft-repeated complaint was brought up multiple times by Jazz fans Friday.
The Jazz kept Paul Millsap, matching Portland's "toxic" offer to the then-restricted free agent, two years ago. But Utah lost promising Wesley Matthews when it was outbid by the Blazers last summer.
Kevin O'Connor is reportedly the latest Jazzman in Portland's sights, according to Yahoo! Sports.
Sources told NBA writer Adrian Wojnarowski that O'Connor's name was brought up in internal discussions to oversee Portland's player personnel decisions. But, he wrote, "there's no indication they even reached out to him."
The Blazers have been without a general manager since Rich Cho was fired in May. Portland owner Paul Allen was panned in Wojnarowski's column for throwing a wrench in Thursday's mediation session between players and owners.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26