Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
It's been common for Jazz fans to groan about the Portland Trail Blazers trying to cherry pick top talent from Utah.
And that oft-repeated complaint was brought up multiple times by Jazz fans Friday.
The Jazz kept Paul Millsap, matching Portland's "toxic" offer to the then-restricted free agent, two years ago. But Utah lost promising Wesley Matthews when it was outbid by the Blazers last summer.
Kevin O'Connor is reportedly the latest Jazzman in Portland's sights, according to Yahoo! Sports.
Sources told NBA writer Adrian Wojnarowski that O'Connor's name was brought up in internal discussions to oversee Portland's player personnel decisions. But, he wrote, "there's no indication they even reached out to him."
The Blazers have been without a general manager since Rich Cho was fired in May. Portland owner Paul Allen was panned in Wojnarowski's column for throwing a wrench in Thursday's mediation session between players and owners.
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- High school wrestling: Pleasant Grove dynasty...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 58
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 55
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39