Dick Harmon: Missouri takes another step towards Big 12 departure
As BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe told the media in Corvallis, Ore., last Saturday, the Big 12 and BYU have remained in contact and negotiations, albeit very private.
Monday is a very big day.
But nothing is likely to happen until Missouri announces what it will do.
This week's predictions:
Washington State 28, Oregon State 24: The Cougars take home field advantage and with some dodging of some passes here and there, they'll prevail.
Oklahoma State 33, Missouri 27: Cowboys have too much firepower for the potentially SEC-bound Tigers.
Stanford 28, Washington 24: Great game and the Huskies have a chance. I'll go with the team with the best quarterback.
Southern Utah 21, Weber State 20: I'll go with the team that shamed UNLV.
Notre Dame 21, USC 17: If this traditional game is allowed late in the season, the Pac-12 should allow BYU and Utah to play in November.
Boise State 44, Air Force 21: The Broncos can choose to run or pass over the Falcons and each would be equally productive.
Utah State 23, Louisiana State 21: I picked the Aggies to defeat Fresno State last week and though disappointed in the late-game breakdown again, I'll ride the Aggies another week.
Utah 17, Cal 14: A matchup of two inconsistent offenses and quarterbacks, you have to go with the best defense.
BYU 44, Idaho State 14: BYU could take the air out of the ball and go to the ground game to keep ticks off the clock and ISU's pass happy offense on the sideline. Look for Jake Heaps to return to the field for significant reps.
Last week 3-4; Overall 43-13 (.767)
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 53
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37