Seth Wenig, Associated Press
NEW YORK — One New York Police Department officer keeping an eye on the Occupy Wall Street protesters finds the protesters are keeping their eyes on him because of the hip way he dresses.
Manhattan plainclothes Detective Rick Lee is gaining Internet fame for his un-stereotypical appearance. He dresses like a cool college professor.
Online blog posts make tongue-in-cheek references to him as the Hipster Cop.
His look includes cardigans, skinny ties, professorial-style glasses and side-swept hair.
Other plainclothes officers dress more casually and are fond of jeans.
Lee has been doing community affairs work at the protest.
He says most people don't realize he's a police officer. He says the non-traditional look helps break down "a lot of walls."
- The LDS Church's call for balance between gay...
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run for...
- Cumberbatch, Fry, others urge UK to pardon...
- Romney's exit unleashes race for donors among...
- List: 10 Super Bowl ads you'll be talking about
- Video: Islamic State group beheads Japanese...
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage...
- US support for satirizing religion breaks...
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run... 79
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 59
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs... 40
- The LDS Church's call for balance... 29
- Victim of sexual abuse sues Boy Scouts... 21
- Attorney General nominee picks up... 14
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who... 13
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit... 11