Seth Wenig, Associated Press
NEW YORK — One New York Police Department officer keeping an eye on the Occupy Wall Street protesters finds the protesters are keeping their eyes on him because of the hip way he dresses.
Manhattan plainclothes Detective Rick Lee is gaining Internet fame for his un-stereotypical appearance. He dresses like a cool college professor.
Online blog posts make tongue-in-cheek references to him as the Hipster Cop.
His look includes cardigans, skinny ties, professorial-style glasses and side-swept hair.
Other plainclothes officers dress more casually and are fond of jeans.
Lee has been doing community affairs work at the protest.
He says most people don't realize he's a police officer. He says the non-traditional look helps break down "a lot of walls."
- CNN hires fired Trump campaign manager...
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Clinton failed to hand over key email to...
- The newscasters who have made the most cameos...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Rescuers search rubble in east China after...
- Britain will leave the 28-nation European...
- 'No' to Obama's immigration plans, Supreme...
- In need of help, Trump finds few... 39
- House Republicans' report faults Obama... 37
- Big ruling for abortion rights in... 36
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 36
- Did Trump really just become a... 36
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Trump, in Scotland, links Brexit vote... 26