Mike Sorensen looks at how the Pac-12 stacks up going into Week 8.
1. Stanford (6-0, 4-0)
Last week: Defeated Washington State 44-14
This week: Home vs. Washington 6 p.m. MT, ABC
Note: The Cardinal will get one of its sternest tests of the season against the upstart Huskies in a nationally-televised game.
2. Oregon (5-1, 3-0)
Last week: Defeated Arizona State 41-27
This week: At Colorado, 1:30 p.m. MT, ROOT
Note: With 15 straight conference wins to their credit, the Ducks should have little trouble against perhaps the Pac-12's worst team.
3. Arizona State (5-2, 3-1)
Last week: Lost to Oregon 41-27
This week: Bye
Note: The Sun Devils can sit at home and lick their wounds from the loss to Oregon before getting back in business against Colorado next week.
4. USC (5-1, 3-1)
Last week: Defeated Cal 30-9
This week: At Notre Dame, 5:30 p.m. MT, NBC
Note: The Trojans have won a school-record 13 consecutive nonconference road games, including a 34-27 win at South Bend when QB Matt Barkley was a freshman.
5. Washington (5-1, 3-0)
Last week: Defeated Colorado 52-24
This week: At Stanford, 6 p.m. MT, ABC
Note: The Huskies have a chance to make national news if they can upset the Cardinal on the road.
6. Cal (3-3, 0-3)
Last week: Lost to USC 30-9
This week: Home vs. Utah, 5 p.m. MT, CSNBA, KJZZ
Note: With three straight losses, the Bears are in desperate need of a win, especially if they want to get another bowl bid after missing out last year.
7. UCLA (3-3, 2-1)
Last week: Bye
This week: At Arizona, Thursday 7 p.m. MT, ESPN
Note: The Bruins are still in the hunt for the South Division title and a win Thursday night will keep them on Arizona State's heels.
9. Utah (3-3, 0-3)
Last week: Defeated Pittsburgh 26-14
This week: At Cal, 5 p.m. MT, CSNBA, KJZZ
Note: The Utes have one of the best defenses in the Pac-12 and perhaps the worst offense. They'll hope the offensive magic of the 2005 Emerald Bowl at AT&T Park will rub off.
8. Washington State (3-3, 1-2)
Last week: Lost to Stanford 44-14
This week: Home vs. Oregon State, 8:30 p.m. MT, FSN
Note: With upcoming games against Oregon, Arizona State and Washington, this is a must-win for the Cougars to keep their bowl hopes alive.
10. Oregon State (1-5, 1-2)
Last week: Lost to BYU 38-28
This week: At Washington State, 8:30 p.m., FSN
Note: The Beavers have chances against Washington State this week and Utah next week, before a brutal November schedule.
11. Arizona (1-5, 0-4)
Last week: Bye
This week: Home vs. UCLA, 7 p.m. MT, ESPN
Note: The Wildcats have had a week to try to figure things out under interim coach Tim Kish and see if they can get on the winning track.
12. Colorado (1-6, 0-3)
Last week: Lost to Washington 52-24
This week: Home vs. Oregon, 1:30 p.m. MT, FSN
Note: The injury-plagued Buffs have allowed 562 and 553 yards the past two weeks and high-powered Oregon could easily get 600 this week against them.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 177
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 36
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 27