ROCKVILLE, Md. — A Montgomery County man charged with killing his stepdaughter has been ordered held without bond.
Police Chief J. Thomas Manger announced a murder charge Wednesday against David Rich Hang of Gaithersburg. Police say he is linked by DNA to the killing.
Hang was arrested Tuesday in the May 31 stabbing death of 12-year-old Jessica Nguyen, who was found in a bedroom basement of her family's townhome.
Manger says DNA found on a knife sheath connects Hang to the killing. He says Hang also took off work in the afternoon of the killing.
Authorities say Hang was undergoing a contentious divorce with Nguyen's mother and killed the girl out of anger at her family. Hang tearfully denied wrongdoing at a bond hearing Wednesday.
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- US, Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria,...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking?
- Prosecutor: 800 rounds found in White House...
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- Police say rifle carried by ambush suspect found
- Obama scores coalition victory with Arab strikes
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 14
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 12
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 11
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 10
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- Obama scores coalition victory with... 9