ROCKVILLE, Md. — A Montgomery County man charged with killing his stepdaughter has been ordered held without bond.
Police Chief J. Thomas Manger announced a murder charge Wednesday against David Rich Hang of Gaithersburg. Police say he is linked by DNA to the killing.
Hang was arrested Tuesday in the May 31 stabbing death of 12-year-old Jessica Nguyen, who was found in a bedroom basement of her family's townhome.
Manger says DNA found on a knife sheath connects Hang to the killing. He says Hang also took off work in the afternoon of the killing.
Authorities say Hang was undergoing a contentious divorce with Nguyen's mother and killed the girl out of anger at her family. Hang tearfully denied wrongdoing at a bond hearing Wednesday.
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- 9 films advance in Oscars shortlist for best...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Spain hands out $3B in planet's biggest lottery
- 10 years on, where did all the tsunami debris...
- 'Hobbit' goes out on top with $90.6 million...
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat in 2014
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 33
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 19
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 13
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 11
- Utah mourners for Pakistani children... 8
- Obama declares 2014 'a breakthrough... 7