ROCKVILLE, Md. — A Montgomery County man charged with killing his stepdaughter has been ordered held without bond.
Police Chief J. Thomas Manger announced a murder charge Wednesday against David Rich Hang of Gaithersburg. Police say he is linked by DNA to the killing.
Hang was arrested Tuesday in the May 31 stabbing death of 12-year-old Jessica Nguyen, who was found in a bedroom basement of her family's townhome.
Manger says DNA found on a knife sheath connects Hang to the killing. He says Hang also took off work in the afternoon of the killing.
Authorities say Hang was undergoing a contentious divorce with Nguyen's mother and killed the girl out of anger at her family. Hang tearfully denied wrongdoing at a bond hearing Wednesday.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S....
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- This week in history: The western Roman...
- WHO: West Africa Ebola death toll rises to 1,350
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 98
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 25
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Texas Gov. Perry says indictment is... 22
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 21
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 21
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 15