ROCKVILLE, Md. — A Montgomery County man charged with killing his stepdaughter has been ordered held without bond.
Police Chief J. Thomas Manger announced a murder charge Wednesday against David Rich Hang of Gaithersburg. Police say he is linked by DNA to the killing.
Hang was arrested Tuesday in the May 31 stabbing death of 12-year-old Jessica Nguyen, who was found in a bedroom basement of her family's townhome.
Manger says DNA found on a knife sheath connects Hang to the killing. He says Hang also took off work in the afternoon of the killing.
Authorities say Hang was undergoing a contentious divorce with Nguyen's mother and killed the girl out of anger at her family. Hang tearfully denied wrongdoing at a bond hearing Wednesday.
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14