ROCKVILLE, Md. — A Montgomery County man charged with killing his stepdaughter has been ordered held without bond.
Police Chief J. Thomas Manger announced a murder charge Wednesday against David Rich Hang of Gaithersburg. Police say he is linked by DNA to the killing.
Hang was arrested Tuesday in the May 31 stabbing death of 12-year-old Jessica Nguyen, who was found in a bedroom basement of her family's townhome.
Manger says DNA found on a knife sheath connects Hang to the killing. He says Hang also took off work in the afternoon of the killing.
Authorities say Hang was undergoing a contentious divorce with Nguyen's mother and killed the girl out of anger at her family. Hang tearfully denied wrongdoing at a bond hearing Wednesday.
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Gallup poll: Mormons like Obama least of all...
- Grandma says Texas massacre survivor saved lives
- Hot spot: Yellowstone road melts, sites closed
- Inventor pushes solar panels for roads, highways
- Virginia dad plants flag in area between...
- Over 100 killed in Gaza as rockets fall on...
- His agenda in gridlock, Obama relishes roadshow
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling... 65
- Why thousands of migrant children are... 45
- 83% of Utahns say Congress needs to act... 44
- Boehner, McConnell blast Obama border... 40
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas... 32
- Thousands of unaccompanied migrant... 26
- President Obama aims to shift border... 23
- Gallup poll: Mormons like Obama least... 22