McKagan: I think the mold was formed, especially in America, by some outlandish characters that became a stereotype and a pigeonhole and all of that. A lot of the most prolific musicians I know are the smartest, most sensitive people that should be running the world.
AP: Any chance Guns N' Roses would get back together?
McKagan: Of course there's a chance. I don't know how real that chance is. It's not something I ever write about or talk at home about or with any of those principal people about, ever.
AP: But you have played with Axl (Rose) recently?
McKagan: Just one. I played a couple songs and he was in London (at the) same hotel and one thing led to another.
AP: You play fantasy football. Who's in the league?
McKagan: Jerry Cantrell, actually all of the Alice (in Chains) guys. Jay Ferguson, ESPN guy; Jim Wilkie, ESPN guy; Anne Wilson, from Heart. She's killing it. There's a comments board, and Anne Wilson can throw down. She knows what she's talking about.
AP: Who's on your team?
McKagan: Ben Roethlisberger is my quarterback.
AP: And finally, how are you doing this season?
McKagan: I'm 0-4. Sean Kinney (from Alice in Chains), who doesn't know anything about football, drafted a kicker in the second round. His team beat me.
John Carucci covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow him at http://www.twitter.com/jcarucci_ap
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Actor Paul Walker dies in car crash; was...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy
- Research: Native American genes have Eurasian...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Newtown releases 911 calls showing anguish...
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's birth...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 71
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Obama declares health care law is... 20
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 18
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy 17
- Research: Native American genes have... 14