McKagan: I think the mold was formed, especially in America, by some outlandish characters that became a stereotype and a pigeonhole and all of that. A lot of the most prolific musicians I know are the smartest, most sensitive people that should be running the world.
AP: Any chance Guns N' Roses would get back together?
McKagan: Of course there's a chance. I don't know how real that chance is. It's not something I ever write about or talk at home about or with any of those principal people about, ever.
AP: But you have played with Axl (Rose) recently?
McKagan: Just one. I played a couple songs and he was in London (at the) same hotel and one thing led to another.
AP: You play fantasy football. Who's in the league?
McKagan: Jerry Cantrell, actually all of the Alice (in Chains) guys. Jay Ferguson, ESPN guy; Jim Wilkie, ESPN guy; Anne Wilson, from Heart. She's killing it. There's a comments board, and Anne Wilson can throw down. She knows what she's talking about.
AP: Who's on your team?
McKagan: Ben Roethlisberger is my quarterback.
AP: And finally, how are you doing this season?
McKagan: I'm 0-4. Sean Kinney (from Alice in Chains), who doesn't know anything about football, drafted a kicker in the second round. His team beat me.
John Carucci covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow him at http://www.twitter.com/jcarucci_ap
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- Journalists criticize Obama administration,...
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high...
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say how...
- World War II munitions with mustard agent...
- Car dealership apologizes for radio ad
- Salt Lake City has highest rate of same-sex...
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Journalists criticize Obama... 37
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- White House insists Obama was not... 22
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19
- House chairman sees IRS targeting as... 16
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 16
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 16