Remember the story of the emperor's new clothes? The emperor was so busy (playing golf, vacationing, etc.), and he was so inexperienced that he totally believed his tailors' lying rhetoric about the golden clothes being sewn for him.
His closest advisors (including the liberal media) praised him saying he looked fantastic in his new clothes. So, he paraded around the country showing off his attire until an innocent child yelled "Look, the emperor is naked!"
This is what has happened in the American political system with President Obama and other lifetime politicians. They are parading around our country naked (with no answers or substance) while the silent majority looks on in horror. Finally, these words are being loudly yelled, "Look, the emperor (government) is naked!"
North Salt Lake
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- My view: Utah's public education system:...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach
- Socratic observations — Politics are...
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 56
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 43
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 32
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 30
- Letter: Whole story 28