NAUVOO, Ill. — The deadline is Nov. 30 to apply for a spot as a young performing missionary next summer in Historic Nauvoo.
Applications for the 20 stage missionaries and 16 to 18 band members are open to those 18 to 24 and include a full audition packet, including an audition DVD. A second round includes a call-back audition.
All must be in excellent health as they are required to consistently put in 12- to 14-hour performance days, seven days per week for the entire summer and will also work as guides in the historic sites. The stage missionaries sing, dance and act in five separate musical shows, in addition to street strolling/singing, special performances and shows. They also participate as the dancing corp for the Nauvoo Pageant during the month of July.
The band missionaries perform on a horse-drawn bandwagon throughout the streets of Nauvoo. They also participate in stage shows and give concerts throughout Nauvoo. Both groups participate in the Nauvoo Pageant.
Those selected will receive a four-month LDS Church Service Mission call to the Illinois Nauvoo Mission, assigned to serve in Nauvoo from May 4 to Aug. 14.
Packets are available at www.historicnauvoo.net/ypm. For other inquires and questions, contact Heidi and Craig Camp, executive directors, at email@example.com.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- A lesson a little girl learned while seeing...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The most grateful religions in America,... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1
- 'Music and the Spoken Word': When... 1