NAUVOO, Ill. — The deadline is Nov. 30 to apply for a spot as a young performing missionary next summer in Historic Nauvoo.
Applications for the 20 stage missionaries and 16 to 18 band members are open to those 18 to 24 and include a full audition packet, including an audition DVD. A second round includes a call-back audition.
All must be in excellent health as they are required to consistently put in 12- to 14-hour performance days, seven days per week for the entire summer and will also work as guides in the historic sites. The stage missionaries sing, dance and act in five separate musical shows, in addition to street strolling/singing, special performances and shows. They also participate as the dancing corp for the Nauvoo Pageant during the month of July.
The band missionaries perform on a horse-drawn bandwagon throughout the streets of Nauvoo. They also participate in stage shows and give concerts throughout Nauvoo. Both groups participate in the Nauvoo Pageant.
Those selected will receive a four-month LDS Church Service Mission call to the Illinois Nauvoo Mission, assigned to serve in Nauvoo from May 4 to Aug. 14.
Packets are available at www.historicnauvoo.net/ypm. For other inquires and questions, contact Heidi and Craig Camp, executive directors, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 66
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 27
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 22
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 21
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 21
- Space and religion: How believers view... 14
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 9
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8