I have watched the coverage of the Wall Street protests, and I am perplexed and disturbed at the number of 20- to 30-year-olds who are denouncing capitalism and praising socialism. Have they ever heard of the USSR, the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, or the Nationial Socialist German Workers Party, the Nazi Party?
They were both bad for freedom, prosperity, innovation, growth, private ownership, the pursuit of happiness and life. These kids need to get off the street and back in the classroom. On second thought, maybe that's part of the problem.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 66
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Charles Krauthammer: Americans deserve... 17
- Michael Gerson: As government's... 15