I have watched the coverage of the Wall Street protests, and I am perplexed and disturbed at the number of 20- to 30-year-olds who are denouncing capitalism and praising socialism. Have they ever heard of the USSR, the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, or the Nationial Socialist German Workers Party, the Nazi Party?
They were both bad for freedom, prosperity, innovation, growth, private ownership, the pursuit of happiness and life. These kids need to get off the street and back in the classroom. On second thought, maybe that's part of the problem.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- Letter: The Fourth
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- President Boyd K. Packer — 'defender'...
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21