I have watched the coverage of the Wall Street protests, and I am perplexed and disturbed at the number of 20- to 30-year-olds who are denouncing capitalism and praising socialism. Have they ever heard of the USSR, the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, or the Nationial Socialist German Workers Party, the Nazi Party?
They were both bad for freedom, prosperity, innovation, growth, private ownership, the pursuit of happiness and life. These kids need to get off the street and back in the classroom. On second thought, maybe that's part of the problem.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Creating social outcasts 44
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- In our opinion: A social take on the... 27
- Letter: Utah's water 25
- Don't wait for politicians 25
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 21