I have watched the coverage of the Wall Street protests, and I am perplexed and disturbed at the number of 20- to 30-year-olds who are denouncing capitalism and praising socialism. Have they ever heard of the USSR, the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, or the Nationial Socialist German Workers Party, the Nazi Party?
They were both bad for freedom, prosperity, innovation, growth, private ownership, the pursuit of happiness and life. These kids need to get off the street and back in the classroom. On second thought, maybe that's part of the problem.
Salt Lake City
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 42
- Letter: American billionaires 34
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- President should not act without... 28