I have watched the coverage of the Wall Street protests, and I am perplexed and disturbed at the number of 20- to 30-year-olds who are denouncing capitalism and praising socialism. Have they ever heard of the USSR, the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, or the Nationial Socialist German Workers Party, the Nazi Party?
They were both bad for freedom, prosperity, innovation, growth, private ownership, the pursuit of happiness and life. These kids need to get off the street and back in the classroom. On second thought, maybe that's part of the problem.
Salt Lake City
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 43
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 29