Andy Manis, Associated Press
MADISON, Wis. — Quarterback Russell Wilson added a new chapter to his brief-but-growing legend, making a touchdown catch on a trick play as No. 4 Wisconsin routed Indiana 59-7 on Saturday.
Wilson, who is being touted as a Heisman Trophy candidate by Wisconsin (6-0, 2-0 Big Ten), added another memorable moment to his resume when he caught a 25-yard score from running back Montee Ball in the second quarter. Ball had a huge day, rushing for three touchdowns.
Wilson threw for 166 yards and a touchdown with 42 yards rushing. He was rested in the fourth quarter.
James White added a touchdown rushing for the Badgers.
Wisconsin was playing without top wide receiver Nick Toon, who sat out with a left foot injury.
Stephen Houston had a 67-yard touchdown run for the struggling Hoosiers (1-6, 0-3).
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 42
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 8
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7