LAS VEGAS — Nevada Republican leaders say they won't change their caucus date after several presidential candidates announced they would boycott the state's presidential contest on Jan. 14.
Nevada GOP Chairwoman Amy Tarkanian says New Hampshire should urge candidates to boycott Florida, which sent the presidential calendar in disarray when Republican leaders there decided to jump ahead of all the early contest states and hold their primary on Jan. 31. Nevada followed by moving its original Feb. 18 date up.
Nevada GOP Treasurer David Buell said Friday that the decision from former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman and other candidates to boycott Nevada was "laughable" because the candidates were not expected to perform well here.
Huntsman said Friday he will not attend next week's GOP debate in Las Vegas.
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Severe storms slam the South, killing at least 4
- Wal-Mart tests gift card exchange
- Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in...
- Women excised from public life, abused by IS
- Denver shelters cite legal pot in homeless...
- Key developments in the case of slain NYPD...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 8
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 8
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6