LAS VEGAS — Nevada Republican leaders say they won't change their caucus date after several presidential candidates announced they would boycott the state's presidential contest on Jan. 14.
Nevada GOP Chairwoman Amy Tarkanian says New Hampshire should urge candidates to boycott Florida, which sent the presidential calendar in disarray when Republican leaders there decided to jump ahead of all the early contest states and hold their primary on Jan. 31. Nevada followed by moving its original Feb. 18 date up.
Nevada GOP Treasurer David Buell said Friday that the decision from former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman and other candidates to boycott Nevada was "laughable" because the candidates were not expected to perform well here.
Huntsman said Friday he will not attend next week's GOP debate in Las Vegas.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Top 15 states for education
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5