ORLANDO, Fla. — After a fast start to 2011, Central Florida is still looking to return to its early season form Saturday as it travels to SMU for its first Conference USA road trip of the season.
SMU team is well rested following a bye week and coming off an upset win over then-ranked TCU on Oct. 1.
UCF's defense has been stellar all season and is the only unit in the country not to allow a passing touchdown. That will be tested by a Mustangs' passing offense that ranks second in the conference and has an explosive receiver in Darius Johnson. SMU also has the league's top rusher in Zach Line.
Mustangs' senior receiver Cole Beasley is expected to return as well after sitting out the TCU game with a knee injury.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26