ORLANDO, Fla. — After a fast start to 2011, Central Florida is still looking to return to its early season form Saturday as it travels to SMU for its first Conference USA road trip of the season.
SMU team is well rested following a bye week and coming off an upset win over then-ranked TCU on Oct. 1.
UCF's defense has been stellar all season and is the only unit in the country not to allow a passing touchdown. That will be tested by a Mustangs' passing offense that ranks second in the conference and has an explosive receiver in Darius Johnson. SMU also has the league's top rusher in Zach Line.
Mustangs' senior receiver Cole Beasley is expected to return as well after sitting out the TCU game with a knee injury.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27