ORLANDO, Fla. — After a fast start to 2011, Central Florida is still looking to return to its early season form Saturday as it travels to SMU for its first Conference USA road trip of the season.
SMU team is well rested following a bye week and coming off an upset win over then-ranked TCU on Oct. 1.
UCF's defense has been stellar all season and is the only unit in the country not to allow a passing touchdown. That will be tested by a Mustangs' passing offense that ranks second in the conference and has an explosive receiver in Darius Johnson. SMU also has the league's top rusher in Zach Line.
Mustangs' senior receiver Cole Beasley is expected to return as well after sitting out the TCU game with a knee injury.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 63
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51