ORLANDO, Fla. — After a fast start to 2011, Central Florida is still looking to return to its early season form Saturday as it travels to SMU for its first Conference USA road trip of the season.
SMU team is well rested following a bye week and coming off an upset win over then-ranked TCU on Oct. 1.
UCF's defense has been stellar all season and is the only unit in the country not to allow a passing touchdown. That will be tested by a Mustangs' passing offense that ranks second in the conference and has an explosive receiver in Darius Johnson. SMU also has the league's top rusher in Zach Line.
Mustangs' senior receiver Cole Beasley is expected to return as well after sitting out the TCU game with a knee injury.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 30
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27