Mike Sorensen looks at how the Pac-12 stacks up going into Week 6.
1. Stanford (5-0, 3-0)
Last week: Defeated Colorado 48-7
This week: At Washington State 5:30 MT, Versus
Note: The Cardinal just keep on rolling behind Heisman Trophy frontrunner Andrew Luck and an underrated defense.
2. Oregon (4-1, 2-0)
Last week: Defeated Cal 43-15
This week: Home vs. Arizona State, 8:15 p.m. MT, ESPN
Note: The Ducks will have a tough test this week in what could be a preview of the first-ever Pac-12 championship.
3. Arizona State (5-1, 3-0)
Last week: Defeated Utah 35-14
This week: At Oregon, 8:15 MT, ESPN
Note: The Sun Devils have the inside track for the Pac-12 South title after knocking off Utah last week in Salt Lake.
4. USC (4-1, 2-1)
Last week: Bye
This week: At California, 7 p.m. MT, ESPN
Note: QB Matt Barkley will try to keep it going after a week off against a Cal team that is winless in Pac-12 play.
5. Washington (4-1, 2-0)
Last week: Bye
This week: Home vs. Colorado, 1:30 p.m. MT, ROOT, FCS-Atlantic
Note: The Huskies should be well-rested after taking the week off as they face a reeling Colorado team.
6. Cal (3-2, 0-2)
Last week: Lost to Oregon 43-15
This week: Home vs. USC, 7 p.m. MT, ESPN
Note: The Bears played Oregon tough for a half before getting outscored 29-0 in the second half.
7. UCLA (3-3, 2-1)
Last week: Defeated Washington State 28-25
This week: Bye
Note: Coach Rick Neuheisel saved his job for at least another week with a come-from- behind win at home.
8. Washington State (3-2, 1-1)
Last week: Lost to UCLA 28-25
This week: Home vs. Stanford, 5:30 p.m., MT, Versus
Note: Despite the loss at UCLA, the Cougars still have hopes to get to a bowl game, although a win this week will be tough.
9. Utah (2-3, 0-3)
Last week: Lost to Arizona State 35-14
This week: At Pittsburgh, 10 a.m., MT, ESPNU
Note: With their title hopes already down the drain, the Utes are trying to salvage a .500 season and get their ninth straight bowl bid.
10. Oregon State (1-4, 1-2)
Last week: Defeated Arizona 37-27
This week: Home vs. BYU, 2 p.m. MT, FCS-Pacific
Note: The Beavers finally got in the win column last week and face an unpredictable BYU team this week at home.
11. Arizona (1-5, 0-4)
Last week: Lost to Oregon State 37-27
This week: Bye
Note: A loss to a winless Oregon State was the last straw for Arizona officials, who made a rare mid-season firing of coach Mike Stoops.
12. Colorado (1-5, 0-2)
Last week: Lost to Stanford 48-7
This week: At Washington, 1:30 p.m. MT, ROOT, FCS-Atlantic
Note: With Oregon, Arizona State and USC up after this week, the Buffs aren't likely to win until at least November.
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- Stump the Smith: Can you answer the questions...
- Hard work, dedication pay off for Utah's Karl...
- LIVE TODAY: Deseret News live streaming...
- ESPN trivia guru: University of Utah graduate...
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino leaves BYU...
- High school softball: Copper Hills earns a...
- Randy Hollis: Coach Phil Russell made a huge...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Hard work, dedication pay off for... 33
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 29
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino... 11
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8