Andrew Burton, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Celebrities from Kanye West to Roseanne Barr are coming out in support of the protest on Wall Street.
The nearly monthlong demonstrations in lower Manhattan have also earned visits from people including Russell Simmmons, Susan Sarandon, Mark Ruffalo and others.
Their involvement suggests broadening cultural support for the protests, which take on Wall Street companies and denounce what the protesters see as corporate greed.
Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore earlier visited the protesters, as did actor Tim Robbins, rapper Talib Kweli and "Gossip Girl" actor Penn Badgley.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Suicide vest found in Paris raises possible...
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- Tunisian president declares state of...
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 37
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 37
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 28
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Rep. Mia Love endorses Marco Rubio for... 22
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 13