Andrew Burton, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Celebrities from Kanye West to Roseanne Barr are coming out in support of the protest on Wall Street.
The nearly monthlong demonstrations in lower Manhattan have also earned visits from people including Russell Simmmons, Susan Sarandon, Mark Ruffalo and others.
Their involvement suggests broadening cultural support for the protests, which take on Wall Street companies and denounce what the protesters see as corporate greed.
Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore earlier visited the protesters, as did actor Tim Robbins, rapper Talib Kweli and "Gossip Girl" actor Penn Badgley.
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Final words from jet came after comms systems...
- Missing heroines: Why Hollywood believes only...
- Utah National Guard's 142nd Military...
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Analysis: Obama administration more often...
- South at heart of close fight to control US...
- States explore free community college
- British judge hears arguments in case... 73
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29
- Student who sued parents to get them to... 21
- States explore free community college 19
- Obama says health care program is stable 16
- President Obama calls for a... 15
- Analysis: Obama administration more... 10
- Senate investigation of CIA dogged by... 9