Petr David Josek, Associated Press
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia — Slovakian lawmakers on Tuesday rejected the expansion of the euro currency zone's bailout fund.
After 10 hours of debate in parliament, the measure failed to pass by 21 votes.
Slovakia remains the only country in the 17-member eurozone that has not approved expanding the bailout fund, which would require unanimous support to go into effect.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- 24-year-old American in North Korea sentenced...
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015
- Britain mourns aid worker slain by Islamic...
- Video released showing beheading of British...
- Pa. State Police identify trooper killed in...
- Top colleges that take rich and poor kids
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 57
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Officials: No threat of Islamic State... 12
- Putin: Russia to focus on new offensive... 10