Petr David Josek, Associated Press
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia — Slovakian lawmakers on Tuesday rejected the expansion of the euro currency zone's bailout fund.
After 10 hours of debate in parliament, the measure failed to pass by 21 votes.
Slovakia remains the only country in the 17-member eurozone that has not approved expanding the bailout fund, which would require unanimous support to go into effect.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Religious companies can now opt out of paying...
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- Sierra Leone makes hiding Ebola patients illegal
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Photographer is using portraits to combat...
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role in...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 121
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Obama faces tough options in Iraq and... 15