John Raoux, Associated Press
ORLANDO, Fla. — Central Florida coach George O'Leary says he's hearing from friends around college football with no ties to UCF that 'everything's in place' for the Knights to soon be invited to join the Big East Conference.
O'Leary declined to identify his friends, but says he's been kept in the loop by UCF officials. However, the coach says he has no idea as of early Tuesday afternoon if UCF had been extended an official invitation from the Big East. UCF officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Big East schools gave a go-ahead Monday for the conference to expand to as many as 12 teams for football, a move that could involve adding six members.
UCF officials have said moving to any conference would require an all-sports invitation.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28