"We have been looking for a running back that would run over, through, slash, fall forward and get positive yards, and he has been doing that in practice," Mendenhall said. "And the last two weeks, he has really started to gain our attention as the need has started to be apparent. Mike and his performance at practice has started to become very clear."
Now, after spending the past month at home, the Cougars head out on the road, facing a Pac-12 opponent in Oregon State that recorded its first victory of the season with a 37-27 triumph over Arizona at home last weekend. With the win, the Beavers halted a six-game losing streak dating back to last season.
Cougars on the air
BYU (4-2) at Oregon State (1-4)
Saturday, 2 p.m. MT
Reser Stadium, Corvallis, Ore.
TV: KBYU, Fox College Sports Pacific
Radio: 1160 AM, 102.7 FM
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter: @AJeffreyCall
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- Utah Jazz: Comparisons inevitable between...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 183
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 65
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 56
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 55
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 48