Henny Ray Abrams, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Several thousand Occupy Wall Street protesters have marched to New York City's Washington Square Park for a peaceful general assembly.
Demonstrators marched Saturday from Manhattan's Zuccotti Park, the group's unofficial headquarters where protesters have been camped out for the last 22 days. The trek was peaceful and orderly.
On Wednesday, dozens were arrested when thousands marched on Wall Street in their biggest show of support yet. Last Saturday, 700 people were arrested after they spilled onto the roadway while crossing the Brooklyn Bridge.
Protesters are speaking out against corporate greed and the gap between the rich and poor. They say they have no leaders and are making decisions by consensus.
Supporters have donated food, clothing and medical supplies. Some drop off their offerings, while others have mailed them.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at...
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 49
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 29
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 15
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12