Raiders fullback Manase Tonga finished practice, took a shower and then added a new twist to his Friday routine — packing a suitcase for the team's trip to Houston.
Tonga is Oakland's only healthy fullback and could make his NFL debut against the Texans the way things are going.
Starter Marcel Reece is questionable with a lingering ankle injury and backup Richard Gordon already has been ruled out with a broken hand.
That forced coach Hue Jackson to be creative in practice this week and opened the door for Tonga, who is on the Raiders' practice squad for a second straight season after staring at BYU.
"Things are looking good, but I don't want to count my chickens before the eggs hatch," Tonga said before getting on a bus for the short ride to the Oakland airport. "I just have to make sure I'm ready."
NGATA FINED: Baltimore All-Pro defensive tackle Haloti Ngata has been fined $15,000 for lowering his helmet into the back of New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez.
Ngata was one of four players fined that amount by the NFL on Friday for rough hits.
Washington linebackers Rob Jackson and Perry Riley were disciplined for their play against St. Louis. Jackson was fined for driving Rams quarterback Sam Bradford to the ground. Also, Oakland defensive lineman Richard Seymour has been fined $7,500 for each of two hits.
- Ex-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- BYU, Utah fans react to Max Hall's arrest...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Nebraska transfer Harvey Jackson stepped up...
- Ex-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 92
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 37
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 34
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28