Raiders fullback Manase Tonga finished practice, took a shower and then added a new twist to his Friday routine — packing a suitcase for the team's trip to Houston.
Tonga is Oakland's only healthy fullback and could make his NFL debut against the Texans the way things are going.
Starter Marcel Reece is questionable with a lingering ankle injury and backup Richard Gordon already has been ruled out with a broken hand.
That forced coach Hue Jackson to be creative in practice this week and opened the door for Tonga, who is on the Raiders' practice squad for a second straight season after staring at BYU.
"Things are looking good, but I don't want to count my chickens before the eggs hatch," Tonga said before getting on a bus for the short ride to the Oakland airport. "I just have to make sure I'm ready."
NGATA FINED: Baltimore All-Pro defensive tackle Haloti Ngata has been fined $15,000 for lowering his helmet into the back of New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez.
Ngata was one of four players fined that amount by the NFL on Friday for rough hits.
Washington linebackers Rob Jackson and Perry Riley were disciplined for their play against St. Louis. Jackson was fined for driving Rams quarterback Sam Bradford to the ground. Also, Oakland defensive lineman Richard Seymour has been fined $7,500 for each of two hits.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 23
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21