I think everybody is pointing the finger at the wrong dudes in Provo. Jake Heaps is taking all the heat for the mess in Provo, but he should not be. BYU has the most deplorable running game in the country. Heaps has the whole load of making it work. If the defense had respect for the running game, they would quit using a three-man front and dropping eight guys into coverage.
Superman could not throw against the kind of coverage Heaps had been looking at. The problem is BYU's running game, not Heaps. He needs some help to open things up and actually have receivers open on occasion.
- Turning back the tide of sexual promiscuity...
- In our opinion: Despite dip in observance,...
- Charles Krauthammer: The world according to...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Convention...
- Letter: Medical marijuana
- Letter: Wolves in Yellowstone
- Ralph Becker: Why 'process' matters in...
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 21
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 19