I think everybody is pointing the finger at the wrong dudes in Provo. Jake Heaps is taking all the heat for the mess in Provo, but he should not be. BYU has the most deplorable running game in the country. Heaps has the whole load of making it work. If the defense had respect for the running game, they would quit using a three-man front and dropping eight guys into coverage.
Superman could not throw against the kind of coverage Heaps had been looking at. The problem is BYU's running game, not Heaps. He needs some help to open things up and actually have receivers open on occasion.
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- My view: They run toward danger
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Medicare Advantage
- In our opinion: National security and... 66
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 43
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13