I think everybody is pointing the finger at the wrong dudes in Provo. Jake Heaps is taking all the heat for the mess in Provo, but he should not be. BYU has the most deplorable running game in the country. Heaps has the whole load of making it work. If the defense had respect for the running game, they would quit using a three-man front and dropping eight guys into coverage.
Superman could not throw against the kind of coverage Heaps had been looking at. The problem is BYU's running game, not Heaps. He needs some help to open things up and actually have receivers open on occasion.
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- My view: Circuit Court's Obamacare decision...
- Letter: Outdated climate
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 69
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 64
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 32