I think everybody is pointing the finger at the wrong dudes in Provo. Jake Heaps is taking all the heat for the mess in Provo, but he should not be. BYU has the most deplorable running game in the country. Heaps has the whole load of making it work. If the defense had respect for the running game, they would quit using a three-man front and dropping eight guys into coverage.
Superman could not throw against the kind of coverage Heaps had been looking at. The problem is BYU's running game, not Heaps. He needs some help to open things up and actually have receivers open on occasion.
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- In our opinion: Unfinished legislative...
- My view: The 'resource curse' and rush for...
- My view: The sage grouse is worth protecting
- Will November be a referendum on Obamacare?
- Richard Davis: Russia should be stopped from...
- Letter: Fixing traffic lights
- Lockhart's iPad-in-every-backpack plan lacked...
- It doesn't have to be hard for... 60
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 52
- Letter: End daylight saving time 45
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC 34
- Letter: Invite the divine 32
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 31
- My view: SB54 will politically and... 30