SALT LAKE CITY — Former Philadelphia Eagles running back Reno Mahe (MAY'-hee) has been ordered to stand trial on a felony theft charge in Utah.
Mahe and four others are accused of stealing thousands of dollars in gasoline from a Salt Lake County construction company.
Mahe and three co-defendants waived their right to testify at a preliminary hearing Thursday in Salt Lake City. A fifth defendant, Mark Evers, testified against Mahe and the others in an effort to get a reduced charge.
The five are accused of stealing more than $15,000 in gasoline during a three-month period in 2010. The company claims a loss of more than $55,000 starting in 2006.
Evers' attorney says his client is trying to make things right. Attorneys for the other defendants didn't immediately return telephone calls Friday.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Top 15 states for education
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- US tobacco growers brace for tougher competition
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 11
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6