SALT LAKE CITY — Former Philadelphia Eagles running back Reno Mahe (MAY'-hee) has been ordered to stand trial on a felony theft charge in Utah.
Mahe and four others are accused of stealing thousands of dollars in gasoline from a Salt Lake County construction company.
Mahe and three co-defendants waived their right to testify at a preliminary hearing Thursday in Salt Lake City. A fifth defendant, Mark Evers, testified against Mahe and the others in an effort to get a reduced charge.
The five are accused of stealing more than $15,000 in gasoline during a three-month period in 2010. The company claims a loss of more than $55,000 starting in 2006.
Evers' attorney says his client is trying to make things right. Attorneys for the other defendants didn't immediately return telephone calls Friday.
- IS attack on Afghan protest kills 80 people,...
- Penny-farthing owner keeps on riding
- Warner Bros. calms fans with fun 'Justice...
- A title and ship for new 'Star Trek' series:...
- New artificial reef is sunk off Florida's...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed with mass...
- Brie Larson confirmed as 'Captain Marvel'
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 44
- Trump says Russia should find Clinton's... 42
- Obama boosts Clinton: Carry her like... 38
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 37
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,... 31
- Dems' division, emails roil party on... 28
- Watch live at the Democratic National... 25