SALT LAKE CITY — Former Philadelphia Eagles running back Reno Mahe (MAY'-hee) has been ordered to stand trial on a felony theft charge in Utah.
Mahe and four others are accused of stealing thousands of dollars in gasoline from a Salt Lake County construction company.
Mahe and three co-defendants waived their right to testify at a preliminary hearing Thursday in Salt Lake City. A fifth defendant, Mark Evers, testified against Mahe and the others in an effort to get a reduced charge.
The five are accused of stealing more than $15,000 in gasoline during a three-month period in 2010. The company claims a loss of more than $55,000 starting in 2006.
Evers' attorney says his client is trying to make things right. Attorneys for the other defendants didn't immediately return telephone calls Friday.
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's...
- Obama to announce immigration action Thursday
- A GDP showdown: How do state GDP numbers line...
- Police: Gunman killed after shooting at FSU
- What missing class in Kindergarten means for...
- Pope announces U.S. visit, greets President...
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 48
- Pope announces U.S. visit, greets... 34
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 20
- Gay marriage issue squarely before high... 15
- Japan slides into recession as tax hike... 14
- Republicans: Keystone pipeline down,... 13
- President Obama's immigration speech... 12