Gallery MAR (580 Main, Park City, 435-649-3001) — "Wherever I May Roam," by various artists.
Great Basin Cooperative (449 Main, Park City) — The gallery opening features a retrospective of 50 paintings by Gary Ernest Smith.
Harris Fine Arts Center (Brigham Young University, Provo, 801-422-4322) — "Transformed by Light: Exploring Personal Enlightenment," through Oct. 28.
Joseph F. Smith Building Gallery (BYU campus, Provo) — "Educating the Soul: Our Zion Tradition of Learning by Faith," featuring videos, antiques, facsimiles, photographs and letters. The exhibit is on permanent display.
Julie Nester Gallery (1280 Iron Horse Drive, Park City, 435-649-7855) — "On the Water," by Robin Denevan and Thea Schrack, through Oct. 26.
Kimball Art Center (638 Park Ave., Park City, 435-649-8882) — "Detour Art-Outsider, Folk Art and Visionary Environments Coast to Coast, Art and Photographs from the Collection of Kelly Ludwig," through Nov. 27.
Lee Fine Art (608 Main, Park City, 435-655-3264) — Art by Jared Sanders and Joseph Alleman.
Mary Elizabeth Dee Shaw Gallery (Weber State University, Ogden, 801-626-6455) — "The Industrial Sublime," by Edward Burtynsky, through Nov. 22.
Moab Art Works (11 N. Main, Suite No. 2, Moab, 435-259-3010) — "I'll Be Ahead If I Can Quit While I'm Behind," by Brian Parkin.
Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum (645 E. 1430 North, Provo, 801-422-5051) — "Into Africa: Exploring Nature's Interactions."
Mountain Place Gallery (129 N. Main, Logan, 435-752-0211) — "Pioneers, Portraits and Prairies," by Russ Fjeldsted.
Museum of Peoples and Cultures (BYU, 700 N. 100 East, Provo, 801-422-0020) — "New Lives: Building Community at Fourmile Ruin."
Repartee Gallery (4801 N. University Ave., Riverwoods, Provo) — Highlighting work by James C. Christensen, Kurt Knudsen, Barbara Lyman, Jack Morford, Greg Olsen and more. Also, original works in oil and watercolor, sculpture, pottery, stained glass and more.
Sears Art Museum Gallery (225 S. 700 East, St. George, 435-652-7905) — "Lost Highway," by Tom Judd, through Oct. 10.
Springville Museum of Art (126 E. 400 S., Springville, 801-489-2727) — "Exploring Utah," through Nov. 8.
*Members of the Salt Lake Gallery Association
Please submit event listings to email@example.com before 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- Big on opera: Utah Opera's artistic director...
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Behind the scenes of the Utah Shakespeare...
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 6
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- James Garner was a singular talent with... 1
- Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton can't... 1
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt... 1