The King's English Bookshop, 1511 S. 1500 East, will host a local author showcase, Oct. 10, 7 p.m., and an evening of poetry with Scott Dalgarno and Lance Larsen, Oct. 12, 7 p.m. The bookshop will also host signings with James Dashner, author of "The Death Cure," Oct. 11, 7 p.m.; Kristen Chandler, author of "Girls Don't Fly," Oct. 13, 7 p.m., and Jessica Day George, author of "Tuesdays at the Castle," Oct. 15, 2 p.m. (801-484-9100 or www.kingsenglish.com) Day Riverside Library, 1575 W. 1000 North, will host a Salt Lake Community College Community Writing Center's workshop, "Writing for Change," Oct. 11, 6-9 p.m. Registration is free and required. (801-957-2192 or www.slcc.edu/cwc)
Orem Library, 58 N. State, Orem, will host Deborah Thornton's reading of "Gilead," Oct. 11, 7 p.m. (801-229-7174)
Salt Lake City Library, 210 E. 400 South, will host a lecture with author Judith Freeman, Oct. 12, 7 p.m. The library will also host the Western Writing Panel Discussion, Oct. 13, 7 p.m., and a lecture with author Christopher Corbett, Oct. 14, 7 p.m.
Utah Valley University Student Center, Orem, will host a lecture and reading by Philip Parisi, Oct. 14, 1 p.m. (801-863-8000)
Benchmark Books, 3269 S. Main, will host a signing with Terryl L. Givens and Matthew J. Grow, authors of "Parley P. Pratt: The Apostle Paul of Mormonism," Oct. 14, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (801-486-3111 or www.benchmarkbooks.com)
Rainbow Gardens, 1833 Valley Drive, Ogden, will host a signing with Mark Pittman and Jamie Reeve, author and illustrator of "The Hungry Monster," Oct. 15, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (801-621-1606 or www.rainbowgardens.com)
Camp Floyd State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, will host a lecture with Christopher Corbett, author of "Orphan's Preferred," Oct. 15, noon (801-768-8932)
Salt Lake Community College Community Writing Center, 210 E. 400 South, will host the second half of its two day workshop, "Letters About Literature A Workshop for Kids," Oct. 15, 1-3 p.m. Registration is free and required. (801-957-2192 or www.slcc.edu/cwc)
Utah Humanities Book Festival will offer multiple lectures and activities at libraries across the state throughout the month of October. (www.utahhumanities.org/BookFestival.htm)
Please submit event listings to email@example.com before 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is...
- 10 books that you were forced to read in...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could help...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- Amish country bristles at... 10
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 6
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Is 'Harry Potter' actually about mental... 2
- EA Sports puts Damian Lillard on the... 2
- Miley Cyrus about VMA success: 'I'm in... 1