Washington, D.C., Temple Visitors' Center: Humanitarian Exhibit, "Love Thy Neighbor," through October, open daily 10 a.m.- 9 p.m.; Lyons Sisters violin and piano concert, Sun., Oct. 9, 7 p.m.; Spanish Night of music and inspiration, Oct 11, 7:30 p.m.; Why I Believe: Bay Buchanan, Oct. 16, 7 p.m.; Hispanic Heritage Celebration, Oct. 22, 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. (tickets required); Hispanic fireside, Elder José L. Alonso, Oct. 23, 7 p.m.; YSA fireside/concert, Jon Schmidt, Oct. 30, 7 p.m. (see mormon.org/dc)
Reno: Time Out for Women, Oct. 14-15 (see deseretbook.com/tofw for cost, schedule and registration)
Cincinnati: Time Out for Women, Oct. 14-15 (see deseretbook.com/tofw for cost, schedule and registration)
BYU football fireside: Oct. 14, Keizer Oregon Stake Center, 1375 Lockhaven Drive
South Carolina YSA: Conference, Oct. 14-16, Greenville; Halloween dance, Oct. 28, Columbia
Charleston South Carolina Stake Family History Center: Family history workshop, Oct. 22, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (see www.fhcworkshop.myevent.com )
Plano: Great FamilySearch Conference, Oct. 14, 7 p.m., fireside, Shipley Munson; Oct. 15, 9 a.m., keynote speaker, Jim Greene, Plano Texas Stake Center, 2700 Roundrock Trail (see www.greatfamilysearch.com for schedule and complete class schedule)
BYU football fireside: Oct. 27, Colleyville Stake Center, 500 W. McDonwell School Road
Killeen YSA/SA: Bistake young single adult activity (hayride, camp fires, s'mores, singing), Oct. 8, 6 p.m., Tim New's home, 11810 Wedel Cemetery Road, Rogers; young single adult and single adult combined fireside, Kevin Hinckley, Oct. 16, 6 p.m., Killeen chapel; stake "Fill the Temple Day," Oct. 28, 6 p.m. baptism session, San Antonio Texas Temple
Richmond: Time Out for Women, Oct. 21-22 (see deseretbook.com/tofw for cost, schedule and registration)
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- Pope visits Armenia's closed border with...
- Pope's message of peace resonates with Syrian...
- Retired pope thanks reigning pope for his...
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the end of...
- The pro-life plan that could reverse recent...
- 2016 Seminar for New Mission Presidents:...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on the...
- The story of William Pitt and the Nauvoo...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 168
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 38
- Did Trump really just become a... 37
- Long PBS piece calls Mormon welfare... 22
- Pope Francis: Christians should... 12
- Faith leaders respond to Supreme... 12
- God? Meaning of life? Many Americans... 12
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the... 11