Washington, D.C., Temple Visitors' Center: Humanitarian Exhibit, "Love Thy Neighbor," through October, open daily 10 a.m.- 9 p.m.; Lyons Sisters violin and piano concert, Sun., Oct. 9, 7 p.m.; Spanish Night of music and inspiration, Oct 11, 7:30 p.m.; Why I Believe: Bay Buchanan, Oct. 16, 7 p.m.; Hispanic Heritage Celebration, Oct. 22, 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. (tickets required); Hispanic fireside, Elder José L. Alonso, Oct. 23, 7 p.m.; YSA fireside/concert, Jon Schmidt, Oct. 30, 7 p.m. (see mormon.org/dc)
Reno: Time Out for Women, Oct. 14-15 (see deseretbook.com/tofw for cost, schedule and registration)
Cincinnati: Time Out for Women, Oct. 14-15 (see deseretbook.com/tofw for cost, schedule and registration)
BYU football fireside: Oct. 14, Keizer Oregon Stake Center, 1375 Lockhaven Drive
South Carolina YSA: Conference, Oct. 14-16, Greenville; Halloween dance, Oct. 28, Columbia
Charleston South Carolina Stake Family History Center: Family history workshop, Oct. 22, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (see www.fhcworkshop.myevent.com )
Plano: Great FamilySearch Conference, Oct. 14, 7 p.m., fireside, Shipley Munson; Oct. 15, 9 a.m., keynote speaker, Jim Greene, Plano Texas Stake Center, 2700 Roundrock Trail (see www.greatfamilysearch.com for schedule and complete class schedule)
BYU football fireside: Oct. 27, Colleyville Stake Center, 500 W. McDonwell School Road
Killeen YSA/SA: Bistake young single adult activity (hayride, camp fires, s'mores, singing), Oct. 8, 6 p.m., Tim New's home, 11810 Wedel Cemetery Road, Rogers; young single adult and single adult combined fireside, Kevin Hinckley, Oct. 16, 6 p.m., Killeen chapel; stake "Fill the Temple Day," Oct. 28, 6 p.m. baptism session, San Antonio Texas Temple
Richmond: Time Out for Women, Oct. 21-22 (see deseretbook.com/tofw for cost, schedule and registration)
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- Pope embraces Al-Azhar imam in sign of...
- Church slaying families accept pursuit of...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Of happiness and...
- LDS World: The privilege and benefits of...
- Book review: 'Star Struck' is light, romantic...
- Brigham Young birthday celebration June 1
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- LDS missionary who returned home early... 48
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Is the Angel Moroni a lightning rod?... 18
- Donald Trump moves to win over wavering... 16
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11
- Brooklyn's Catholic bishop decries... 4
- ... 3
- What's new: 'The Washington Hypothesis' 3