A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
Broadcasts: CES fireside, President Boyd K. Packer, Nov. 6, 6 p.m. MST
Phoenix: Time Out for Women, Nov. 4-5 (see deseretbook.com/tofw for cost, schedule and registration)
Temple Hill: "God's Plan for His Family," opened Aug. 6, Oakland Temple Visitors' Center; Temple Hill Symphony and Orchestra, Oct. 8-9 (see thsymphony.org); A-Day Commemoration Musical Fireside, Oct. 29, Oakland Interstake Center Auditorium, 7 p.m.
BYU Ballroom Dancers: Performances, Oct. 14, 7:30 p.m., Three Stages at Folsom; Oct. 15, 7:30 p.m., Oakland Interstake Center, Oakland; Oct. 18, 7:30 p.m., Paradise Performing Arts Center, Paradise; Oct. 19, 7:30 p.m., Gallo Center for the Arts, Modesto; Oct. 20, 7:30 p.m., Great America Theater, Santa Clara; Oct. 21, 8 p.m., Lincoln Theater, Yountville; fireside, Oct. 16, 7 p.m., Pleaston Stake Center, 6100 Paseo, Santa Cruz (see pam.byu.edu or alumni.byu.edu/southbaybdc for ticket information)
Valparaiso Singers: Fall concert, "The British are Coming!" Oct. 22, 7:30 p.m., Menlo Park Stake Center annex, 1105 Valpariaso Ave.
BYU Management Society, Bay Area Chapters: 2011 Distinguished Public Service Award, Oct. 21, 7:30 p.m. (for ticket information, see ms.byu.edu/siliconvalley and click on the 21st)
Bay Area Genesis Group: Potluck dinner and speakers, Sterling Stevenson, Bill Davis and Deborah Gantt Flyer, Oct. 22, 4:30-6 p.m., Oakland Interstake Center, 4780 Lincoln Ave., Oakland; talent show, Nov. 12, 4-5:40 p.m., Oakland Interstake Center
Colorado Mormon Chorale: Fall concert, "Harvest of Song," Oct. 15, 7 p.m., Denver Stake Center, 2710 S. Monaco Parkway (see www.facebook.com/cmcco)
Denver: Time Out for Women, Oct. 7-8 (see deseretbook.com/tofw for cost, schedule and registration)
Jacksonville: Community women's conference, "Strengthen Our Community by Strengthening & Uniting Our Women," Oct. 22, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Orange Park High School, 2300 Kingsley Avenue, Orange Park, and LDS chapel auditorium, 461 Blanding Blvd. (see www.jaxwomensconference.com )
Polynesian Cultural Center: Haunted Lagoon, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday through Oct. 22, Monday-Saturday, Oct. 24-31, 6:30 p.m. (tickets required; see www.hauntedlagoon.com or call 800-367-7060 or 808-293-3333 for cost, information or reservations)
BYU football fireside: Dec. 2, Makakilo Stake Center, 92-900 Makakilo Drive
Idaho Falls Temple Visitors' Center: "The Healing Power of Christ" scuplture display by Angela Johnson, through Jan. 1
Kansas City: Time Out for Women, Nov. 4-5 (see deseretbook.com/tofw for cost, schedule and registration)
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is special for...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is Born'...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a reminder...
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon...
- 5 tips for digitizing photos
- President Henry B. Eyring rededicates temple...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 44
- Renovated LDS temple represents... 11
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon... 7
- Book review: 'Finding Peace When a... 7
- U.S. Catholic leaders approve new plan... 6
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is... 3
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 3
- 4 effective ways to teach your kids... 2