Tony Ding, Associated Press
EVANSTON, Ill. — No. 12 Michigan is hitting the road for the first time this season, putting its perfect record on the line Saturday night at Northwestern.
The Wolverines (5-0, 1-0 Big Ten) are coming off three straight lopsided wins, pounding Eastern Michigan (31-3), San Diego State (28-7) and Minnesota (58-0) and jumping seven spots in the most recent poll.
The Wildcats might (2-2, 0-1) be shaking off losses at Army and Illinois, but they also have quarterback Dan Persa back after he missed the first three games while recuperating from a ruptured right Achilles tendon.
He will test a much-improved Michigan defense that is allowing only 10.2 points per game, down from 35 last season.
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Former South African President Nelson Mandela...
- 1 child dead in Idaho elementary school bus...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh light on...
- Disgraced priest to wed pope adviser's daughter
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 98
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 30
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 24
- Research: Native American genes have... 23