"Obviously it's an advantage because he can see over the top of a rush a little bit better and you know he's a pretty good athlete, so I mean he can see things obviously in the pocket probably that other people can't," ASU coach Dennis Erickson said of Osweiler, who broke a commitment to Gonzaga to play for ASU.
"A guy that tall also has some issues," Erickson added. "We've shortened his release. Sometimes when you're that tall your release becomes a little bit longer. But he's pretty strong back there also. As far as seeing things, probably is the biggest advantage that he has."
The junior is expecting to see the Utes use a variety of schemes in this important Pac-12 showdown.
"They play a little bit of everything and really mix things up," Osweiler said Monday about the Utes' defense. "They are going to play quarters, halves, cover eight, cover two, man and they are very assignment-sound."
Utes on the air
Arizona State (4-1, 2-0)
at Utah (2-2, 0-2)
Saturday, 1:30 p.m.
TV: ROOT Radio: 700 AM
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi edges...
- Results from Tuesday's high school softball,...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Utah high school updated tournament pairings...
- Doug Robinson: It's about time golf took a...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 18
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 15
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8