TCU, not BYU, ends up receiving Big 12 invite
Louisville, West Virginia also possibilities
Tulsa World sports columnist Dave Sittler reported via Twitter that, according to a Big 12 source, "BYU still on list (of Big 12 candidates), but there are some complications."
Meanwhile, Chris Level of RedRaiderSports.com, tweeted: "Big 12 Presidents took BYU off their list last week (not sure why) … If Missouri leaves it'll be Louisville."
Pete Thamel of the New York Times tweeted that the Big 12 is awaiting a decision from Missouri, then will decide whether to add one more school, and that BYU, Louisville and West Virginia are "in play."
Also on Thursday, the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors agreed to a formal grant of television rights for a minimum of six years. The approval by the Board was unanimous, although Missouri did not participate in the vote on the advice of legal counsel.
Cougars on the air
San Jose State (2-3)
at BYU (3-2)
Saturday, 8:15 p.m. MT
LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo
TV: ESPNU Radio: 1160 AM, 102.7 FM
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 80
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 69
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 50
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34