The winner of Bountiful at East – both have already qualified for state – gets a portion of the region championship. A Highland win secures a berth for the Rams. If Woods Cross dumps Clearfield, the Wildcats clinch a tie for a berth, the Falcons are out and that scenario would also bump Cyprus if the Pirates lose.
Region 7 (six teams, four berths)
Oly and Skyline have clinched berths; Westlake garners a spot with a win or if Hillcrest and Murray lose. By defeating Murray, Herriman clinches a tie for a berth and eliminates the Spartans. If that happens, Hillcrest is also out with a loss to Olympus.
Region 8 (eight teams, five berths)
It's a little more complicated than this, but if the favored teams, Timpview, Maple Mountain and Orem all win, they'll clinch ties for playoff berths. Salem Hills and Timpanogos will if they pull off upsets and Provo beats Springville. If those upsets happen and Springville wins, Provo stays home.
Region 9 (seven teams, four berths)
Hurricane has a bye but is guaranteed postseason action if either Dixie or Snow Canyon lose. Desert Hills clinches a tie with a win and secures a berth if Cedar also beats Dixie. Cedar clinches a tie with a win and if DH wins too. Pine View, a pre-season 3A favorite, faces elimination with a loss and if either Dixie or SC win.
Region 10 (six teams, four berths)
If Judge knocks off Uintah, the Bulldogs will wrap up a bid and guarantee the winner of Juan Diego at Park City the same, while the loser would at least tie for a berth.
Region 11 (seven teams, four berths)
The league leaders, Grantsville, Ogden and Stansbury, are in with a win.
Region 12 (six teams, five berths)
Delta will clinch a tie for a berth by beating Juab, as will North Sanpete by defeating Spanish Fork.
North (eight teams, six berths)
The winner of Emery at South Summit snares a berth, but both will if American Leadership and Gunnison fall. North Summit clinches a tie with a win. North Sevier is eliminated only if it loses and both ALA and Gunnison are victorious.
South (eight teams, six berths)
San Juan claims its 16th Region championship and fourth consecutive by beating second-place Beaver. Grand clinches a tie for a state berth by defeating Enterprise. The Parowan at South Sevier loser goes home, but both do if Grand wins.
All nine teams go to the playoffs. In the North, Duchesne will snare a tie for the region title by defeating Rich.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41