Chris O'Meara, Associated Press
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain says the Occupy Wall Street protesters are un-American and against capitalism.
Speaking to The Associated Press during a book signing event Wednesday in St. Petersburg, Fla., Cain said the protesters shouldn't rally against Wall Street bankers or brokers because "they're the ones who create the jobs."
Cain suggests the protesters should focus on going to school and getting a job.
The former head of Godfather's Pizza made his remarks at a Barnes & Noble bookstore. He was in Florida to sign copies of his recently released memoir. More than 400 people attended the book signing.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S....
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- This week in history: The western Roman...
- How Twitter forced the news media to pay...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 101
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 23
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 21
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14