Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
PAYSON, UTAH — Groundbreaking ceremonies for the Payson Utah Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be held Saturday, Oct. 8, at 9 a.m. at the temple site, 930 W. 1550 South in Payson.
Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the LDS Church's Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will preside at the groundbreaking.
The temple site is located on the southwest side of Payson, about a mile from the 800 South interchange with I-15 and adjacent to a new meetinghouse in the Mount Nebo Stake.
The new temple, the 15th in the state of Utah and the third in Utah County, will serve approximately 78,000 Latter-day Saints living in 22 LDS stakes from Spanish Fork to Nephi. Along with the recently announced second temple in Provo, it will help to take pressure off of the existing Provo Utah Temple, widely acknowledged as one of the busiest in the church.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 13