Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
PAYSON, UTAH — Groundbreaking ceremonies for the Payson Utah Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be held Saturday, Oct. 8, at 9 a.m. at the temple site, 930 W. 1550 South in Payson.
Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the LDS Church's Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will preside at the groundbreaking.
The temple site is located on the southwest side of Payson, about a mile from the 800 South interchange with I-15 and adjacent to a new meetinghouse in the Mount Nebo Stake.
The new temple, the 15th in the state of Utah and the third in Utah County, will serve approximately 78,000 Latter-day Saints living in 22 LDS stakes from Spanish Fork to Nephi. Along with the recently announced second temple in Provo, it will help to take pressure off of the existing Provo Utah Temple, widely acknowledged as one of the busiest in the church.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 21
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12