Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
PAYSON, UTAH — Groundbreaking ceremonies for the Payson Utah Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be held Saturday, Oct. 8, at 9 a.m. at the temple site, 930 W. 1550 South in Payson.
Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the LDS Church's Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will preside at the groundbreaking.
The temple site is located on the southwest side of Payson, about a mile from the 800 South interchange with I-15 and adjacent to a new meetinghouse in the Mount Nebo Stake.
The new temple, the 15th in the state of Utah and the third in Utah County, will serve approximately 78,000 Latter-day Saints living in 22 LDS stakes from Spanish Fork to Nephi. Along with the recently announced second temple in Provo, it will help to take pressure off of the existing Provo Utah Temple, widely acknowledged as one of the busiest in the church.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UDOT to begin adding lanes to I-15 in...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 42
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 39
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 14
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9