NEW YORK — Herman Cain is surging in the polls and on the best-seller charts.
"This is Herman Cain," a newly released memoir by the businessman and Republican presidential candidate, was in the top 10 on Amazon.com as of Tuesday afternoon. Interest in the book has soared since Cain unexpectedly won the Florida straw poll on Sept. 24.
"This is Herman Cain" was published Tuesday by Threshold Editions, a conservative imprint of Simon & Schuster whose authors also include former Vice President Dick Cheney and commentator Glenn Beck.
In his memoir, Cain looks back to growing up during segregation in the South and ahead to his hoped for ascendance to the White House.
The former head of Godfather's Pizza has been widely regarded as a longshot for the nomination, but is now among the GOP leaders in new surveys from North Carolina, West Virginia and Nebraska. The field remains unsettled amid doubts about former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Gov. Rick Perry, the presumed front-runners. Republican officials had urged New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to enter the race, but he announced Tuesday he wasn't running.
Cain's rise has come at the same time support has dropped for Perry, whose book "Fed Up" soon created problems for his campaign, with its references to Social Security as a "Ponzi scheme" and a "crumbling monument to the failure of the New Deal."
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- 'Arrow' makes Green Arrow less goofy
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- Sherry Young: Moving — a life changing...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 7
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip... 3
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1
- 11 cartoon characters who buck stereotypes 1
- Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton can't... 1