Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah announced this afternoon that the preliminary medical report on Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn is that he will be sidelined for two to three weeks with a left shoulder injury. He will be re-evaluated at that time to determine if he is ready to return. Wynn injured his non-throwing shoulder in the first half of Utah's game against Washington last Saturday.
Wynn will be replaced by junior Jon Hays. Hays joined the Utes during the summer after the team he initially signed with out of Butte College (Nebraska-Omaha) dropped its football program. Hays has played in two games this season, playing out the fourth quarter of Utah's rout over BYU on Sept. 17 and playing the entire second half of last week's loss to Washington.
Hays was 10-of-16 for 156 yards and a touchdown against Washington. His backup will be true freshman Tyler Shreve.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27