Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah announced this afternoon that the preliminary medical report on Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn is that he will be sidelined for two to three weeks with a left shoulder injury. He will be re-evaluated at that time to determine if he is ready to return. Wynn injured his non-throwing shoulder in the first half of Utah's game against Washington last Saturday.
Wynn will be replaced by junior Jon Hays. Hays joined the Utes during the summer after the team he initially signed with out of Butte College (Nebraska-Omaha) dropped its football program. Hays has played in two games this season, playing out the fourth quarter of Utah's rout over BYU on Sept. 17 and playing the entire second half of last week's loss to Washington.
Hays was 10-of-16 for 156 yards and a touchdown against Washington. His backup will be true freshman Tyler Shreve.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31