BYU football: Mendenhall noncommittal about who will start at QB Saturday
PROVO — BYU held its weekly media breakfast with the brewing quarterback controversy being the chief topic of conversation. Head coach Bronco Mendenhall was noncommittal regarding which quarterback will be starting this Saturday or when that decision will be made.
All indications point to the coaching staff deciding Thursday, at the earliest. Players were asked the same questions, insisting that they're OK with whatever decision the coaching staff makes going forward.
Overall, the team expressed a feeling of unity, believing that they'll grow from the problems they've faced early this year. Brown was asked specifically on the improvements in the Cougar ground attack.
Other topics were discussed such as San Jose State and what problems it may create come Saturday. The game will mark the first time Mendenhall can ever remember having played four straight games at home.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25