BYU football: Mendenhall noncommittal about who will start at QB Saturday
PROVO — BYU held its weekly media breakfast with the brewing quarterback controversy being the chief topic of conversation. Head coach Bronco Mendenhall was noncommittal regarding which quarterback will be starting this Saturday or when that decision will be made.
All indications point to the coaching staff deciding Thursday, at the earliest. Players were asked the same questions, insisting that they're OK with whatever decision the coaching staff makes going forward.
Overall, the team expressed a feeling of unity, believing that they'll grow from the problems they've faced early this year. Brown was asked specifically on the improvements in the Cougar ground attack.
Other topics were discussed such as San Jose State and what problems it may create come Saturday. The game will mark the first time Mendenhall can ever remember having played four straight games at home.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22