BYU football: Mendenhall noncommittal about who will start at QB Saturday
PROVO — BYU held its weekly media breakfast with the brewing quarterback controversy being the chief topic of conversation. Head coach Bronco Mendenhall was noncommittal regarding which quarterback will be starting this Saturday or when that decision will be made.
All indications point to the coaching staff deciding Thursday, at the earliest. Players were asked the same questions, insisting that they're OK with whatever decision the coaching staff makes going forward.
Overall, the team expressed a feeling of unity, believing that they'll grow from the problems they've faced early this year. Brown was asked specifically on the improvements in the Cougar ground attack.
Other topics were discussed such as San Jose State and what problems it may create come Saturday. The game will mark the first time Mendenhall can ever remember having played four straight games at home.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 109
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33