BYU football: Mendenhall noncommittal about who will start at QB Saturday
PROVO — BYU held its weekly media breakfast with the brewing quarterback controversy being the chief topic of conversation. Head coach Bronco Mendenhall was noncommittal regarding which quarterback will be starting this Saturday or when that decision will be made.
All indications point to the coaching staff deciding Thursday, at the earliest. Players were asked the same questions, insisting that they're OK with whatever decision the coaching staff makes going forward.
Overall, the team expressed a feeling of unity, believing that they'll grow from the problems they've faced early this year. Brown was asked specifically on the improvements in the Cougar ground attack.
Other topics were discussed such as San Jose State and what problems it may create come Saturday. The game will mark the first time Mendenhall can ever remember having played four straight games at home.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18