BYU football: Mendenhall noncommittal about who will start at QB Saturday
PROVO — BYU held its weekly media breakfast with the brewing quarterback controversy being the chief topic of conversation. Head coach Bronco Mendenhall was noncommittal regarding which quarterback will be starting this Saturday or when that decision will be made.
All indications point to the coaching staff deciding Thursday, at the earliest. Players were asked the same questions, insisting that they're OK with whatever decision the coaching staff makes going forward.
Overall, the team expressed a feeling of unity, believing that they'll grow from the problems they've faced early this year. Brown was asked specifically on the improvements in the Cougar ground attack.
Other topics were discussed such as San Jose State and what problems it may create come Saturday. The game will mark the first time Mendenhall can ever remember having played four straight games at home.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27