President Monson concluded the day of conference sessions with a priesthood meeting sermon in which he taught that "as holders of the priesthood of God it is essential that we are able to face — with courage— whatever challenges come our way." He reminded his listeners that living church standards often places them at odds with the rest of the world, and urged them to develop the spiritual strength required to be able to stand alone against the world.
"With all my heart and soul I pray that every man who holds the priesthood will honor that priesthood and be true to the trust which was conveyed when it was conferred," President Monson said. "May each of us who holds the priesthood of God know when he believes. May we ever be courageous and prepared to stand for what we believe, and if we must stand alone in the process, may we do so courageously, strengthened by the knowledge that in reality we are never alone when we stand with our Father in Heaven."
The 181st Semiannual General Conference of the church will conclude Sunday with sessions at 10 a.m and 2 p.m. at the Conference Center.
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- LDS convert and influential friend reunite...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 76
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 71
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 56
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 45