I just returned from a meeting at my child's high school regarding scholarships available to Utah high school students. It is always very frustrating to see Diversity Scholarships, Minority Scholarships and Ethnic Scholarships, which are available to only a select group because of their race. How are the people who qualify for so much of our educational money not the most educated people in our country? When will educational money be dispersed equally to all students, not based on their race?
Lori B. Koons
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- My view: In the name of God?
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 63
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30