I just returned from a meeting at my child's high school regarding scholarships available to Utah high school students. It is always very frustrating to see Diversity Scholarships, Minority Scholarships and Ethnic Scholarships, which are available to only a select group because of their race. How are the people who qualify for so much of our educational money not the most educated people in our country? When will educational money be dispersed equally to all students, not based on their race?
Lori B. Koons
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Doug Robinson: Utah man discovers powerful...
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- My view: Adoption legislation: Children...
- Jay Evensen: Don't mess with a great Utah...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 65
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 43
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Michael Gerson: The GOP needs to... 22
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 20