Gallery East (451 E. 400 North, Price, 435-613-5327) — "The Rephotography of George Edward Anderson's Environmental Portraits," by Peter L. Goss, through Oct. 6.
Gallery MAR (580 Main, Park City, 435-649-3001) — "Wherever I May Roam," by various artists.
Great Basin Cooperative (449 Main, Park City) — The gallery opening features a retrospective of 50 paintings by Gary Ernest Smith.
Joseph F. Smith Building Gallery (BYU campus, Provo) — "Educating the Soul: Our Zion Tradition of Learning by Faith," featuring videos, antiques, facsimiles, photographs and letters. The exhibit is on permanent display.
Julie Nester Gallery (1280 Iron Horse Drive, Park City, 435-649-7855) — "On the Water," by Robin Denevan and Thea Schrack, through Oct. 26.
Kimball Art Center (638 Park Ave., Park City, 435-649-8882) — "Detour Art-Outsider, Folk Art and Visionary Environments Coast to Coast, Art and Photographs from the Collection of Kelly Ludwig," through Nov. 27.
Lee Fine Art (608 Main, Park City, 435-655-3264) — Art by Jared Sanders and Joseph Alleman.
Mary Elizabeth Dee Shaw Gallery (Weber State University, Ogden, 801-626-6455) — "The Industrial Sublime," by Edward Burtynsky, through Nov. 22.
Moab Art Works (11 N. Main, Suite No. 2, Moab, 435-259-3010) — "I'll Be Ahead If I Can Quit While I'm Behind," by Brian Parkin.
Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum (645 E. 1430 North, Provo, 801-422-5051) — "Into Africa: Exploring Nature's Interactions."
Mountain Place Gallery (129 N. Main, Logan, 435-752-0211) — "Pioneers, Portraits and Prairies," by Russ Fjeldsted.
Museum of Peoples and Cultures (BYU, 700 N. 100 East, Provo, 801-422-0020) — "New Lives: Building Community at Fourmile Ruin."
Repartee Gallery (4801 N. University Ave., Riverwoods, Provo) — Highlighting work by James C. Christensen, Kurt Knudsen, Barbara Lyman, Jack Morford, Greg Olsen and more. Also, original works in oil and watercolor, sculpture, pottery, stained glass and more.
Sears Art Museum Gallery (225 S. 700 East, St. George, 435-652-7905) — "Lost Highway," by Tom Judd, through Oct. 10.
Springville Museum of Art (126 E. 400 S., Springville, 801-489-2727) — "Exploring Utah," through Nov. 8. Utah County Art Gallery (151 S. University Ave., Provo, www.utahcountyartgallery.com) — Artist Corner Student Exhibit.
*Members of the Salt Lake Gallery Association
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Emma Watson to star in live-action 'Beauty...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- 'In Football We Trust' puts a religious twist...
- Rules and advice from 'Downton Abbey: Rules...
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in Miami
- Sundance doc pulls back curtain on Scientology
- Courtney Love, Frances Bean appear together...
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in... 4
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with... 3
- Book review: Young widow's memoir... 2
- 'Building audiences': Sundance Film... 1
- Star-Lord vs. Captain America:... 1
- Doug's Take: 'American Sniper' captures... 1
- Oscar snubs? Hey, Academy Awards are... 1
- Robert Redford: Sundance Film Festival... 1