Jon Huntsman's campaign engaged in a "Twitter battle" Thursday with Donald Trump, according to the Huffington Post.
After the presidential candidate's camp took jabs at former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Gov. Rick Perry for meeting with the reality TV star and real estate tycoon, Trump replied via the online social network Twitter: "@jonhuntsman has zero chance of getting the nomination. Whoever said I wanted to meet him? Time is money and I don't waste mine."
The Huntsman campaign replied: "@JonHuntsman isn't wasting his time w/Presidential Apprentice. His focus is on real solutions to fix our economy."
According to a Fox News Poll released this week, an endorsement from Mr. Trump would likely have a greater net-negative effect with voters than net-positive.
Perhaps due in part to the results of the Fox News poll, Romney was measured in how he spoke about his visit with Trump on MSNBC's "Morning Joe": "We didn't eat lunch together, but we did spend time together," Romney said. "I enjoy Donald Trump, he was colorful."
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking?
- US, Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria,...
- Prosecutor: 800 rounds found in White House...
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- Police say rifle carried by ambush suspect found
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 13
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 11
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 10
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 9
- It's not just young people —... 7