Jon Huntsman's campaign engaged in a "Twitter battle" Thursday with Donald Trump, according to the Huffington Post.
After the presidential candidate's camp took jabs at former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Gov. Rick Perry for meeting with the reality TV star and real estate tycoon, Trump replied via the online social network Twitter: "@jonhuntsman has zero chance of getting the nomination. Whoever said I wanted to meet him? Time is money and I don't waste mine."
The Huntsman campaign replied: "@JonHuntsman isn't wasting his time w/Presidential Apprentice. His focus is on real solutions to fix our economy."
According to a Fox News Poll released this week, an endorsement from Mr. Trump would likely have a greater net-negative effect with voters than net-positive.
Perhaps due in part to the results of the Fox News poll, Romney was measured in how he spoke about his visit with Trump on MSNBC's "Morning Joe": "We didn't eat lunch together, but we did spend time together," Romney said. "I enjoy Donald Trump, he was colorful."
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Our six heroes of 2014
- Final goodbye: A roll call of some who died...
- Ex-President George H.W. Bush to stay...
- Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in...
- Severe storms slam the South, killing at least 4
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6