Jon Huntsman's campaign engaged in a "Twitter battle" Thursday with Donald Trump, according to the Huffington Post.
After the presidential candidate's camp took jabs at former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Gov. Rick Perry for meeting with the reality TV star and real estate tycoon, Trump replied via the online social network Twitter: "@jonhuntsman has zero chance of getting the nomination. Whoever said I wanted to meet him? Time is money and I don't waste mine."
The Huntsman campaign replied: "@JonHuntsman isn't wasting his time w/Presidential Apprentice. His focus is on real solutions to fix our economy."
According to a Fox News Poll released this week, an endorsement from Mr. Trump would likely have a greater net-negative effect with voters than net-positive.
Perhaps due in part to the results of the Fox News poll, Romney was measured in how he spoke about his visit with Trump on MSNBC's "Morning Joe": "We didn't eat lunch together, but we did spend time together," Romney said. "I enjoy Donald Trump, he was colorful."
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- One third of millenials regret going to college
- Stories behind viral Oklahoma tragedy photos...
- Gallup poll shows shift in views on morality...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Why $1 billion doesn't mean what it used to...
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO posts statement on...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 55
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,... 41
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- IRS official Lerner invokes Fifth... 22
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 21
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17