Jon Huntsman's campaign engaged in a "Twitter battle" Thursday with Donald Trump, according to the Huffington Post.
After the presidential candidate's camp took jabs at former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Gov. Rick Perry for meeting with the reality TV star and real estate tycoon, Trump replied via the online social network Twitter: "@jonhuntsman has zero chance of getting the nomination. Whoever said I wanted to meet him? Time is money and I don't waste mine."
The Huntsman campaign replied: "@JonHuntsman isn't wasting his time w/Presidential Apprentice. His focus is on real solutions to fix our economy."
According to a Fox News Poll released this week, an endorsement from Mr. Trump would likely have a greater net-negative effect with voters than net-positive.
Perhaps due in part to the results of the Fox News poll, Romney was measured in how he spoke about his visit with Trump on MSNBC's "Morning Joe": "We didn't eat lunch together, but we did spend time together," Romney said. "I enjoy Donald Trump, he was colorful."
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal, 'has...
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- Feds release sage grouse conservation plans...
- South Africa shaken by FIFA corruption probe
- Study says girls seek sisterhood in the...
- Neverland, former home of Michael Jackson, on...
- Southern Arizona residents protest Border...
- Latest on flooding: Body of missing Texas...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 31
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- US to 'fine tune' Iraq strategy in... 12
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- Administration asks skeptical judge to... 9
- Census: Number of Americans on public... 9
- Obama urges Senate to renew... 7