Don Ryan, Associated Press
STANFORD, Calif. — Andrew Luck's beard made a comeback over the bye week when he took a couple days to be a "bum" on the couch watching football for a change.
Stanford hopes that he's now ready to pick up where he left off.
After a stellar start this season in almost every way imaginable, the sixth-ranked Cardinal return to face UCLA on Saturday night in the Pac-12 home opener. And the two programs don't appear any closer since Stanford left the Rose Bowl with a 35-0 victory last season.
The Cardinal (3-0, 1-0) trounced San Jose State, Duke and Arizona by a combined 138-27 before the break. The Bruins (2-2, 1-0) already have losses to Texas and Houston and had to squeak out wins against San Jose State and Oregon State.
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Obama administration will allow green energy...
- 7 in 10 will need long-term care, ready or not
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 105
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Research: Native American genes have... 23
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23