Don Ryan, Associated Press
STANFORD, Calif. — Andrew Luck's beard made a comeback over the bye week when he took a couple days to be a "bum" on the couch watching football for a change.
Stanford hopes that he's now ready to pick up where he left off.
After a stellar start this season in almost every way imaginable, the sixth-ranked Cardinal return to face UCLA on Saturday night in the Pac-12 home opener. And the two programs don't appear any closer since Stanford left the Rose Bowl with a 35-0 victory last season.
The Cardinal (3-0, 1-0) trounced San Jose State, Duke and Arizona by a combined 138-27 before the break. The Bruins (2-2, 1-0) already have losses to Texas and Houston and had to squeak out wins against San Jose State and Oregon State.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 284
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 76
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 47
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 37