Don Ryan, Associated Press
STANFORD, Calif. — Andrew Luck's beard made a comeback over the bye week when he took a couple days to be a "bum" on the couch watching football for a change.
Stanford hopes that he's now ready to pick up where he left off.
After a stellar start this season in almost every way imaginable, the sixth-ranked Cardinal return to face UCLA on Saturday night in the Pac-12 home opener. And the two programs don't appear any closer since Stanford left the Rose Bowl with a 35-0 victory last season.
The Cardinal (3-0, 1-0) trounced San Jose State, Duke and Arizona by a combined 138-27 before the break. The Bruins (2-2, 1-0) already have losses to Texas and Houston and had to squeak out wins against San Jose State and Oregon State.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22