Sen. Jake Garn's article on the need to ratify the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (Sept. 26) is a much-needed wake-up call. The presence of thousands of nuclear weapons, each of which could destroy a city like Provo, is like a leaking dam above us. We tend to forget about the danger until the dam breaks, and there is nothing more urgent than preventing the outbreak of nuclear war.
We need to drain the reservoir of nuclear weapons, and a critical first step is to reduce the incentive to build more bombs by ratifying the test ban treaty.
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- My view: In the name of God?
- Letter: No prison deficit
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 63
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30