Sen. Jake Garn's article on the need to ratify the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (Sept. 26) is a much-needed wake-up call. The presence of thousands of nuclear weapons, each of which could destroy a city like Provo, is like a leaking dam above us. We tend to forget about the danger until the dam breaks, and there is nothing more urgent than preventing the outbreak of nuclear war.
We need to drain the reservoir of nuclear weapons, and a critical first step is to reduce the incentive to build more bombs by ratifying the test ban treaty.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25