Sen. Jake Garn's article on the need to ratify the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (Sept. 26) is a much-needed wake-up call. The presence of thousands of nuclear weapons, each of which could destroy a city like Provo, is like a leaking dam above us. We tend to forget about the danger until the dam breaks, and there is nothing more urgent than preventing the outbreak of nuclear war.
We need to drain the reservoir of nuclear weapons, and a critical first step is to reduce the incentive to build more bombs by ratifying the test ban treaty.
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 67
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 57
- Letter: Growing party divide 50
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 43
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 39
- Letter: Speed limit increase 26