Sen. Jake Garn's article on the need to ratify the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (Sept. 26) is a much-needed wake-up call. The presence of thousands of nuclear weapons, each of which could destroy a city like Provo, is like a leaking dam above us. We tend to forget about the danger until the dam breaks, and there is nothing more urgent than preventing the outbreak of nuclear war.
We need to drain the reservoir of nuclear weapons, and a critical first step is to reduce the incentive to build more bombs by ratifying the test ban treaty.
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 109
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 33
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30