Game changer: New vision has BYUtv expanding audience with entertainment that is values based
"I can't say enough about Scott," said "Turning Point" producer Sam Wallace. "Part of the reason he's able to articulate (his vision) so well is that he has a background in practical film production — he knows the language and the challenges involved in producing programming. For me as a producer, it's great to work with someone who's not only heading up BYUtv in terms of sending it in the right direction, but at the same time also has a past in production himself."
Anticipation at BYU Broadcasting is high for BYUtv's new fall lineup. If all goes well, Swofford hopes to add more original programming to BYUtv in other time slots like weekday afternoons.
"People always ask, 'Is it your goal to convert people?'" Swofford said. "No — it's my goal to converse with people."
10 for prime time
BYUtv's fall lineup of original programming:
"Turning Point," series premiere
"American Ride," series premiere
"Dining with the Dean," series premiere
"Legends," series premiere
"StarBiz," series premiere
"Insight," new season
"Chef Brad," new season
"Food Nanny," new season
"Generations Project," new season
"Story Trek," new season
"Fires of Faith," special
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org twitter: askargo
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Carrie Underwood stars in NBC's 'The Sound of...
- The Killers collaborates with Owen Wilson and...
- Sundance Film Festival to debut new section...
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh light on...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 12
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound... 11
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 7
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 6
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 5
- Alpine woman is a dessert contest,... 5
- Faith sustained author through... 5
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 4